During the call
Learn more about the options available to you while you are on call such as putting a call on hold or muting it.
You can start a call from any page within the Inperium app. Just click and input a number or pick a contact. Learn more about in-call options that help you make your communication more efficient.
Select to turn off your mic for a while. No one will be able to hear your voice but you will still hear other call participants.
To unmute click on the mic icon again. Caution: When the microphone icon is strikethrough , your call is muted.
Select to open a dial pad to check a phone number and edit it.
Select to start a record.
Select Add participants to your call.
You will typically put customers on hold when they acquire additional information and you need to check it first. When a call is on hold, participants can’t hear each other.
To unhold a call, click on the Hold icon again. Caution: When a call is on hold, the icon is displayed with the caption Unhold.
Transfer calls to your colleagues without re-dialing a number. For example, your client requires information from another business department. You can transfer a call to another customer care specialist to answer your client’s questions.
- Put a call on hold before transferring it to another user.
- Select Transfer and then choose a warm or cold option.
- Dial a number and click the Exchange button.
- Cold transfer: once you click the Exchange button, you will be disconnected from the call, the call will be unheld automatically. You will no longer have control over the call. Your client will wait for your colleague to pick up a phone. If your colleague is unavailable at the moment, the call will be forwarded to voice mail.
- Warm transfer: once you click the Exchange button, Inperium will dial your colleague’s number. While your client is still on hold, you can describe the case to your colleague. The moment you disconnect, the call will be unheld automatically and your client and colleague will continue a conversation. Alternatively, you can unhold a call manually — in this case, all three of you will hear each other.
- Don’t select a cold transfer unless you are absolutely sure that your colleague is available for a call.
- Use a warm transfer and hold the call when you need to provide your colleague with some background information about the call.”